We're entering the home stretch for our Bylaw revisions, a few ballot initiatives, and the Nov 7th elections. Please make sure that your friends know about the Votes coming up for Cape Tech on 10/24 and the General Election on Nov 7th.
October 10-12 - Raise Up Massachusetts will be gathering signatures for two ballot questions--$15 minimum wage and paid family and medical leave--in the cafeteria at Cape Cod Community College during lunch time, from 11:30-1:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, October 10-12. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact Betsy Smith, [email protected], with your preferred date.
Brewster Dems meet the 2nd Saturday of the month, at 10 am at the Brewster Police Station, 631 Harwich Road. (If the 2nd Saturday falls on a holiday weekend, the meeting will be held on the first Saturday of the month.) For more information, https://www.facebook.com/BrewsterDems/ or email [email protected]
Monday, October 16 - Dennis Democratic Town Committee meeting at 7 pm
Dennis Police Department, Community Room, Bob Crowell Road, South Dennis, MA.
Join Dennis Selectmen for a review and input regarding the October 17 Dennis Special Town Meeting warrant. In the current economic environment, town officials are facing financial and budgetary difficulties, which will affect all residents. Be informed as to what strategy is being proposed. All are welcome. Sponsored by the Dennis Democratic Town Committee - 508 385-2366.
Thursday, October 19 - Bourne Democratic Town Committee October meeting, 7 pm - 8:30 pm,
Bourne Community Center, Main Street, Buzzards Bay
ON THE AGENDA: John Walsh, Chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic Party from 2007 to 2013
Friday, October 20 - BARBARA GRAY LEGACY AWARD - Outer Cape Democratic Coalition
Presentation and Dinner to Honor - Mary Jane Gibson, Master of Ceremonies, Representative Sarah Peake, Keynote Speaker, Philip W. Johnston
You can now pay via ActBlue https://secure.actblue.com/donate/graydinner
Saturday, October 21 - The next meeting of the Yarmouth Democratic Town Committee is at 1:00 pm at the Yarmouth Town Hall.
Special guest speaker: Candidate for Gov. Jay Gonzalez, Q & A will follow his presentation.
Questions, please call Bob Isadore @ 508-362-1696 or email [email protected]
Sunday, October 15th - Dennis Port - Sight Loss Services, Inc. ‘White Cane’ Gala
Honoring Guest Speaker, State Senator Julian Cyr, for his work in health advocacy and keep Our Sight Loss Support Groups going.
Sea View Restaurant, 76 Chase Avenue, Dennis Port
Social Time at 6:00, Dinner at 7:00
Tickets: $75 each, Tables Available, Call (508)255-8380 for Reservations & Information, Email [email protected]
Friday, October 20th - Friends of the Harwich Council of the Aging - Big Band Dinner and Dancing from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
The Sea View, 76 Chase St, Dennis Port
For details and to RSVP, see https://sounddunes.org/2017/10/05/october-20-harwich-dinner-dance-wsdse/
SATURDAY OCTOBER 28 - League of Women Voters (LWVCCA) - EXECUTIVE POWER AND THE CONSTITUTION
On Saturday, October 28, at the Harwich Community Center, Professor Peter Ubertaccio of Stonehill College will discuss Executive Power and the Constitution. Q & A will follow the presentation.
Join them for coffee at 9:30 am, the program begins at 10.
Wednesday, October 4 - Orleans Democratic Town Committee
Orleans Town Hall, 19 School Road, Orleans
The Orleans DTC will meet on Wednesday, October 4th at 5:00 PM at the Skaket Room, Town Hall in Orleans.
Dillon McCarthy, Chair of the Cape Cod High School Democrats and Kevin Galligan, of Galligan Energy Consulting will be the guest speakers. Dillon
will share the work of the High School Dems and how the Orleans Committee might support and help them. Kevin will discuss the Eversource
Rate increases as well as inform us on what is happening with energy on the Cape.
For more information on the Orleans Dems or any of their meetings, please contact Robin Hubbard at [email protected] or 508-255-2890.
October 5 - Barnstable DTC - Workforce Housing Forum
Barnstable Senior Center @ 7 PM - 9 PM - 825 Falmouth Rd, Hyannis
Join us for an informative forum to tackle the issue of workforce housing on the Cape and how this issue directly relates to the strength of our economy. Guests will include State Senator Julian Cyr, Heather Harper, Laura Shufelt, and Tom Lynch. We'll also hear from those members in our community who have struggled to find housing. A Q&A period will follow the discussion. https://www.facebook.com/pg/BarnstableDemocrats/events
Friday, October 6, 2017 - Cape Cod Technology Council - OpenCape.org
Steve Johnston, Executive Director of OpenCape will be our featured speaker. OpenCape is growing and expanding the fiber optic network serving emergency, municipal, and residential customers on the cape. There will also be a conversation about what local businesses can do to support growth and ensure that the OpenCape Network is a key resource for the Cape & Islands. http://www.cctechcouncil.org/events/
October 20 - Cape Women’s Coalition Roundtable - HOW TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY…IN PUBLIC
Optimist Café, 134 Route 6A, Yarmouth Port, from 8:00 to 10:00 am
This presentation will help women learn how to present their points precisely and confidently. The more women are able to speak up, the more they are able to effect change. Buffet breakfast will be included. Tickets are $10 for individuals, or bring a friend and pay $16 for two. For more information, go to CapeWomensCoalition.comRead more
September 28 - Chatham Reception for candidate for Governor Setti Warren at on Thursday at 4:30 P.M. http://secure.actblue.com/donate/chathamforsettiwarren
October 8th - KeatingForCongress.com @ 3 - 5 PM at the home of Fran Schofield & Paul Berry, Fox Meadow Dr, Brewster
Suggested Donation: $50 • $100 • $250 - Activists: $20 Person • $35 Couple - Click Here to RSVP Online or mail your check made payable to The Bill Keating Committee c/o Brewster Event, PO Box 3065, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
October 4 - The Orleans Democratic Town Committee will meet on Wednesday at 5:00 PM at the Skaket Room, Town Hall in Orleans.
Dillon McCarthy, Chair of the Cape Cod High School Democrats and Kevin Galligan, of Galligan Energy Consulting will be the guest speakers. Dillon will share the work of the High School Dems and how the Orleans Committee might support and help them. Kevin will discuss the Eversource Rate increases as well as inform us on what is happening with energy on the Cape.October 20 - Barbara Gray Legacy Award Dinner - The dinner is scheduled for Friday at the Wellfleet Preservation Hall, beginning at 5:30 PM.
Please Join the Outer Cape Democratic Coalition For the Third Annual
BARBARA GRAY LEGACY AWARD
Presentation and Dinner to Honor
Master of Ceremonies, Representative Sarah Peake
Keynote Speaker, Philip W. Johnston
Thank you to everyone that came to the CIDC Reception in Sandwich.
Please also share with your friends via Twitter and Facebook at http://CapeDemocrats.com
More details and event images to share on facebook or twitter are below. Please contact the event organizer for the most up to date information and to register/RSVP.
Stay vigilant, Sandy & Mark & Amy
September 19th - Mashpee TV - 7:00 PM - The featured speaker is Paula Peters. The Mashpee Democratic Town Committee meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month at Mashpee TV, 168 Industrial Drive, Mashpee, MA 02649.
Their October meeting is on the 17th when the speaker will be Sandy Faiman-Silva.
Contact: Dave Bloomfield, Co-Chair Mashpee Democratic Town Committee - MashpeeDemocrats.org
Sept 26th - Mashpee - The Cape Cod Tech School in Harwich is having a session on the multi-town construction vote from 6-7pm. Officials plan to discuss the need for the new facility, which would replace the current 43-year-old school. The 15-town special election vote is October 24th.
Future sessions are planned at the Mashpee Public Library on September 26, the Eastham Library on October 3, the Bridgewater State University campus in Yarmouth on October 5, the Wellfleet Senior Center on October 10, and at Cape Tech again on October 11.
2) Sept 14th - Bill Keating will be in Falmouth for a fundraiser - www.BillKeating.org/Falmouth
3) Sept 14th - Wellfleet Dems - Business meeting - wellfleetdems.org
4) Sept 16th - Harwich Cranberry Festival. Wear your Democratic or Indivisible garb to help find new members or fellow Democrats.
5) Sunday, Sept 17th - Meet and Greet for Setti Warren at 5 PM at the Café Chew, located on Merchants Square, 4 Merchants Rd, Sandwich
All are invited. Contact: Lou Cerrone
6) Sep 21 - Bourne Democratic Town Committee September meeting - Chris Ryan, director of Public Relations at Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and Sandy Faiman-Silva of the Coalition for Social Justice. Sandy F. will present information and gather signatures for the ballot questions concerning the $15 minimum wage and Paid Family Sick Leave. Signatures must be turned in by mid-October to be on the ballot for 2018. Volunteers are needed to collect signatures in Bourne
8) Sept 21 - Indivisible is having a climate change talk at the Brewster Ladies Library
9) October 20 - Barbara Gray Legacy Award Dinner -5:30 to 8:30 PM at Wellfleet Preservation Hall, info Dick Guernsey.
10) September 19 - Tuesday's Barnstable primary election - Opportunities to help Paula Schnepp, Candidate for Barnstable Town Councilor, Precinct 12 hold signs and wave to cars
http://PaulaSchnepp.com or https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElectPaulaTown/events
I have signs to hold. Please come at any time during the two-hour slot; stay as long as want. Call me if you need directions or can't make it (if you signed up). You don't need to RSVP to show up.
Also looking for volunteers to hold signs on the day of the election. You can sign up here
paulaschnepp.org or email her about your availability or if you have any questions. - Thanks! Paula
11) Britt Beedenbender can use your support and help as well: https://www.facebook.com/VoteBritt/posts/1987436791503468Non-Party Events
12) Saturday, September 23, 2017 - CapeSpace.com - 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Benefit Concert for Houston Featuring Kate Taylor https://www.capespace.com/coffeehouse/
13) Saturday, October 14th - The Harwich October meeting has been rescheduled to the second Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at the Community Center, 100 Oak St. http://HarwichDemocrats.org
Our special guest speaker is Robert Sanborn, Superintendent of Cape Cod Regional Tech who will present a history and overview of the proposed upgrade of the High School. Please be aware there is a town election on Tuesday, October 24th to vote on approval and funding of the project. This election will be conducted from Noon-8:00 p.m. at the Community Center.
14) The Harwich November meeting is scheduled for Saturday, November 4th at 10:00 am. at the Community Center. Based on the recommendations of our Issues Committee; Sheila House, Harwich Youth Counselor will present an overview of Addiction/Mental Health Service in Harwich and across Barnstable County.
15) Sunday, November 12 - The Yarmouth DTC is hosting their first annual Veterans Day Brunch.The event will be held on Sunday, November 12 from 11 AM to 2:00 PM. at the Yarmouth House Restaurant, 335 Rt. 28, West Yarmouth. Our keynote speaker will be the Auditor of the State of Massachusetts, the Honorable Suzanne M. Bump. Also expected to be in attendance will be Congressman Bill Keating and Candidates for Governor of Massachusetts, Jay Gonzalez, Setti Warren, and Bob Massie.
We will also hold a silent auction at the brunch. If interested in donating items or gift certificates, please contact Dave Velasco
SIGNATURES NEEDED - Paid Medical Leave and $15 Minimum Wage
16) Sept 16th - http://raiseupma.org/ - Anyone interested in participating in this important effort should touch base with Jerry Fishbein. We'll be meeting at 9:30 at the Hyannis Union Hall - 89 Lewis Bay Road.
18) SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Saturday, September 23, 2017
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Benefit Concert for Houston
Featuring Kate Taylor
Previously announced Events
October 12 - Wellfleet Dems - Business meeting
8:30 to 10 AM @ PB Boulangerie Bistro, 15 Lecount Hollow Road, South Wellfleet
October 20 - Barbara Gray Legacy Award Dinner -5:30 to 8:30 PM at Wellfleet Preservation Hall, info Dick Guernsey
November 18 - Wellfleet Dems - Annual Potluck Party
5 to8 PM hosted by Paul Pilcher & Dan Lawson
Bill Keating in Falmouth on 9/14:
You are Cordially Invited to an Evening Reception to Support the Re-Election of our Friend
Congressman Bill Keating
Thursday, September 14th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Flying Bridge Restaurant, 220 Scranton Ave, Falmouth, MA
Hors 'd oeuvres ~ Cash Bar. For more information, contact Michael Clarke at [email protected]