Thank you to everyone that came to the CIDC Reception in Sandwich.
Please also share with your friends via Twitter and Facebook at http://CapeDemocrats.com
More details and event images to share on facebook or twitter are below. Please contact the event organizer for the most up to date information and to register/RSVP.
Stay vigilant, Sandy & Mark & Amy
September 19th - Mashpee TV - 7:00 PM - The featured speaker is Paula Peters. The Mashpee Democratic Town Committee meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month at Mashpee TV, 168 Industrial Drive, Mashpee, MA 02649.
Their October meeting is on the 17th when the speaker will be Sandy Faiman-Silva.
Contact: Dave Bloomfield, Co-Chair Mashpee Democratic Town Committee - MashpeeDemocrats.org
Sept 26th - Mashpee - The Cape Cod Tech School in Harwich is having a session on the multi-town construction vote from 6-7pm. Officials plan to discuss the need for the new facility, which would replace the current 43-year-old school. The 15-town special election vote is October 24th.
Future sessions are planned at the Mashpee Public Library on September 26, the Eastham Library on October 3, the Bridgewater State University campus in Yarmouth on October 5, the Wellfleet Senior Center on October 10, and at Cape Tech again on October 11.
2) Sept 14th - Bill Keating will be in Falmouth for a fundraiser - www.BillKeating.org/Falmouth
3) Sept 14th - Wellfleet Dems - Business meeting - wellfleetdems.org
4) Sept 16th - Harwich Cranberry Festival. Wear your Democratic or Indivisible garb to help find new members or fellow Democrats.
5) Sunday, Sept 17th - Meet and Greet for Setti Warren at 5 PM at the Café Chew, located on Merchants Square, 4 Merchants Rd, Sandwich
All are invited. Contact: Lou Cerrone
6) Sep 21 - Bourne Democratic Town Committee September meeting - Chris Ryan, director of Public Relations at Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and Sandy Faiman-Silva of the Coalition for Social Justice. Sandy F. will present information and gather signatures for the ballot questions concerning the $15 minimum wage and Paid Family Sick Leave. Signatures must be turned in by mid-October to be on the ballot for 2018. Volunteers are needed to collect signatures in Bourne
8) Sept 21 - Indivisible is having a climate change talk at the Brewster Ladies Library
9) October 20 - Barbara Gray Legacy Award Dinner -5:30 to 8:30 PM at Wellfleet Preservation Hall, info Dick Guernsey.
10) September 19 - Tuesday's Barnstable primary election - Opportunities to help Paula Schnepp, Candidate for Barnstable Town Councilor, Precinct 12 hold signs and wave to cars
http://PaulaSchnepp.com or https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElectPaulaTown/events
I have signs to hold. Please come at any time during the two-hour slot; stay as long as want. Call me if you need directions or can't make it (if you signed up). You don't need to RSVP to show up.
Also looking for volunteers to hold signs on the day of the election. You can sign up here
paulaschnepp.org or email her about your availability or if you have any questions. - Thanks! Paula
11) Britt Beedenbender can use your support and help as well: https://www.facebook.com/VoteBritt/posts/1987436791503468Non-Party Events
12) Saturday, September 23, 2017 - CapeSpace.com - 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Benefit Concert for Houston Featuring Kate Taylor https://www.capespace.com/coffeehouse/
13) Saturday, October 14th - The Harwich October meeting has been rescheduled to the second Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at the Community Center, 100 Oak St. http://HarwichDemocrats.org
Our special guest speaker is Robert Sanborn, Superintendent of Cape Cod Regional Tech who will present a history and overview of the proposed upgrade of the High School. Please be aware there is a town election on Tuesday, October 24th to vote on approval and funding of the project. This election will be conducted from Noon-8:00 p.m. at the Community Center.
14) The Harwich November meeting is scheduled for Saturday, November 4th at 10:00 am. at the Community Center. Based on the recommendations of our Issues Committee; Sheila House, Harwich Youth Counselor will present an overview of Addiction/Mental Health Service in Harwich and across Barnstable County.
15) Sunday, November 12 - The Yarmouth DTC is hosting their first annual Veterans Day Brunch.The event will be held on Sunday, November 12 from 11 AM to 2:00 PM. at the Yarmouth House Restaurant, 335 Rt. 28, West Yarmouth. Our keynote speaker will be the Auditor of the State of Massachusetts, the Honorable Suzanne M. Bump. Also expected to be in attendance will be Congressman Bill Keating and Candidates for Governor of Massachusetts, Jay Gonzalez, Setti Warren, and Bob Massie.
We will also hold a silent auction at the brunch. If interested in donating items or gift certificates, please contact Dave Velasco
SIGNATURES NEEDED - Paid Medical Leave and $15 Minimum Wage
16) Sept 16th - http://raiseupma.org/ - Anyone interested in participating in this important effort should touch base with Jerry Fishbein. We'll be meeting at 9:30 at the Hyannis Union Hall - 89 Lewis Bay Road.
18) SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Saturday, September 23, 2017
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Benefit Concert for Houston
Featuring Kate Taylor
Previously announced Events
October 12 - Wellfleet Dems - Business meeting
8:30 to 10 AM @ PB Boulangerie Bistro, 15 Lecount Hollow Road, South Wellfleet
October 20 - Barbara Gray Legacy Award Dinner -5:30 to 8:30 PM at Wellfleet Preservation Hall, info Dick Guernsey
November 18 - Wellfleet Dems - Annual Potluck Party
5 to8 PM hosted by Paul Pilcher & Dan Lawson
Bill Keating in Falmouth on 9/14:
You are Cordially Invited to an Evening Reception to Support the Re-Election of our Friend
Congressman Bill Keating
Thursday, September 14th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Flying Bridge Restaurant, 220 Scranton Ave, Falmouth, MA
Hors 'd oeuvres ~ Cash Bar. For more information, contact Michael Clarke at [email protected]